Meet the lovely Jack Russel Ebony…

Whilst Ebony loves the taste of chocolate, it does make her very ill, even if it's just a little bit! I mean, is there anything better than snapping off a chunk of your favorite chocolate and enjoying the melt in the mouth smoothness of chocolate, we don’t blame you, Ebony!

However, did you know that chocolate poisoning is up there with one of the most common causes of poisoning in dogs, and can lead to illness and even death? If you that your dog may have eaten some chocolate, we would advise that you contact your dogs’ vets immediately!

Although there are little cases where eating chocolate is fatal, it can result in expensive and serious illnesses!

So, why is chocolate toxic for dogs?

There is a chemical called theobromine inside the chocolate, in addition to caffeine! Theobromine is the predominant toxin in chocolate and is very similar to caffeine. You can also find both of these che

Read more »