Mother’s Day is as good as an excuse as any to go out for a spot of brunch. But where to go?! We have whittled down the top 5 brunch spots to book your Mother’s Day reservation in and around the Bath area.
We all know that chocolate is high in fat, which more often than not makes us form the opinion that it is bad for us. However various studies have shown that this delicious treat has multiple benefits which will have us all reaching for the nearest bar!
1. It's good for the heart and circulation
2. Its mineral-rich, dark chocolate is packed with beneficial minerals such as potassium, zinc, and selenium
3. It's good for your skin, the flavonols in dark chocolate can protect the skin against sun damage
4. Chocolate is good for the brain, flavanols are thought to reduce memory loss in older people, and the anti-inflammatory qualities of dark chocolate have been found beneficial in treating brain injuries such as concussion.
5. Chocolate makes you feel better Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which is the same chemical that your brain creates when you fe
If you’ve ever wondered which would win in a fight, between a slab of chocolate or a ham sandwich, wonder no longer. Science has the answers.
In a study published last week in the Cell Metabolism journal, scientists found that chocolate would be the clear winner.
Researchers asked volunteers were asked to put monetary bids on a variety of different foods, and found that they placed higher bids on things like cake, chocolate and sugary treats over savoury snacks like cheese and crackers.
This, they concluded, shows that we value foods higher in fat and carbohydrates, and this effect is caused by our central reward system in our brain. In other words, getting chocolate as a gift for your loved ones will make you look even more generous!