Is chocolate really bad for you?
We all know that chocolate is high in fat, which more often than not makes us form the opinion that it is bad for us. However various studies have shown that this delicious treat has multiple benefits which will have us all reaching for the nearest bar!
1. It's good for the heart and circulation
2. Its mineral-rich, dark chocolate is packed with beneficial minerals such as potassium, zinc, and selenium
3. It's good for your skin, the flavonols in dark chocolate can protect the skin against sun damage
4. Chocolate is good for the brain, flavanols are thought to reduce memory loss in older people, and the anti-inflammatory qualities of dark chocolate have been found beneficial in treating brain injuries such as concussion.
5. Chocolate makes you feel better Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which is the same chemical that your brain creates when you feel like you’re falling in love. PEA encourages your brain to release feel-good endorphins.
So there we have it, it's medically proven, enjoy the chocolate!