Monthly Archives: October 2019
If you didn’t already know – it’s National Chocolate Week! What a great excuse to be able to eat chocolate all week – yum!
To celebrate this year’s National Chocolate week, we have collaborated with @blondieskitchen to bring you some amazing Unicorn Cookie Cups! You can find these majestical beauties at their pop-up Milk & Cookie Bar at @bicestervillage for one week only and they are the perfect pick me up treat for serious shoppers!
Blondies Kitchen was founded by Chelsie Collins and Kristelle Levy in 2016, Blondies Kitchen is the UK’s first and only Milk & Cookie Bar serving up freshly baked American style cookies, cereal, milk and more. If you can’t make it to Bicester Village you can still buy Blondies Kitchen’s delicious cookie treats on their website.
Halloween is around the corner so why don’t you try something different this autumn, and create a perfect pumpkin pie! Now it’s getting colder, it’s time to make some delicious desserts to keep us warm this autumn.
Let’s get started then…
- 750g/1lb 10oz pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 350g sweet shortcrust pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 140g caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh nutmeg grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs beaten
- 25g butter melted
- 175ml milk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- lace the pumpkin in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Drain pumpkin; let cool
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and