Monthly Archives: August 2018
We all know that chocolate is high in fat, which more often than not makes us form the opinion that it is bad for us. However various studies have shown that this delicious treat has multiple benefits which will have us all reaching for the nearest bar!
1. It's good for the heart and circulation
2. Its mineral-rich, dark chocolate is packed with beneficial minerals such as potassium, zinc, and selenium
3. It's good for your skin, the flavonols in dark chocolate can protect the skin against sun damage
4. Chocolate is good for the brain, flavanols are thought to reduce memory loss in older people, and the anti-inflammatory qualities of dark chocolate have been found beneficial in treating brain injuries such as concussion.
5. Chocolate makes you feel better Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which is the same chemical that your brain creates when you fe
We are beyond excited to be collaborating with the Marriott Park Lane Hotel for National Chocolate Week (13th-19th August). We will be launching the UK’s first deliciously decadent ‘choc swap’ afternoon tea set made entirely of chocolate with a selection available exclusively at the London Lanes of London restaurant.
Guests will be able to indulge in all of their favourite traditional afternoon elements, but some of these have been swapped out for their lifelike chocolate counterparts.
Priced at £39.50 per person, the bespoke afternoon tea features a selection of Lanes of London’s delicious finger sandwiches, scones and pastries alongside our very own chocolate cucumber sandwiches, chocolate digestive biscuits and chocolate custard creams that look just like the real thing. The real showstopper is the chocolate scone, which oozes jam when you slice through the middle and each part of the choco
Chocolate is our number one love and there are a number of reasons why chocolate is so popular. One of those reasons is the fact that chocolate is such a versatile product and can be paired with a range of different textures and flavours. From savoury to sweet, there are so many different ways that chocolate can be enhanced. Milk chocolate is sweeter than other and is therefore more suitable for use with other sweet flavours such as caramel, honey or butterscotch.
It can also work well with the following:
Smoked black tea
Or how about trying one of these unusual pairings:
Summer holidays are in full swing now! If you always end up doing the same thing every year with the children and want to try something a little different, then look no further. We’ve put together a list of our top 10 things to do.
1. Plant a butterfly garden with flowers
2. Find an open-air movie – these are popping up all over the place, there a great way to entertain the kids for an hour and get some fresh air, all at the same time it’s a win, win!
3. Take a nap in a hammock – we can all dream!
4. Have a water fight – create some wonderful memories, throw caution to the wind and forget about the mess for a while
5. Make some chocolate lollipops – our Make & Melt Kits are perfect for an afternoon of fun on a rainy day, create your own mini zoo in the kitchen
6. Go to a festival – there are so many family-friendly festivals at the moment, parents shouldn't have all the fun,